One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools and communities.
We are currently looking for a Match Support Specialist and are always looking for an intern to help us out. Call 920-922-8200 for more information.
Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Fond du Lac County is looking for an energetic, go-getter who has the ability to problem solve, think on their feet and work with a diverse population.
Fund Development Director
To create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
Responsible for donor acquisition; an annual giving program; major gifts from individuals; corporate giving; foundation giving; grant writing and planned giving.
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience in fund development.
- Demonstrated ability in donor and fund development.
- Active membership in a variety of community – civic and business, organizations.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently exercising good judgment, decision making and problem-solving skills and translate strategy into action.
- Express thoughts and ideas clearly. Adapt communication style to fit audience.
- Must work with a high degree of flexibility, accuracy and attention to detail in a fast pace environment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to reliable insured transportation.
- This is a part-time position. Schedule, days per week and total hours (including the potential for additional hours) will be agreed upon between the Executive Director and Fund Development Director.
- Develop and implement a plan for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual, foundation and corporate potential donors.
- Manage donor stewardship, information systems, gift entry and acknowledgement and prospective donor research.
- Manage donor database.
- Set and achieve, in close collaboration with the Executive Director, multi-year and annual agency revenue goals.
- Participate with local, regional and national organizations and attend workshops and seminars when deemed advisable by the Executive Director.
- Manage relationships with community partners.
- Public speaking and presentation will be a key facet of this position.