The BBBS organization defined the meaning of one-to-one mentoring. Behind the BBBS name are many professionals who have developed, refined, and delivered this premier system to recruit and screen candidates, match Littles to Bigs, and support these relationships with skill and compassion.
The impact of the program is big. An independent impact study by Veteran research group, Private Public Ventures P/PV confirmed what we inherently knew: children are more likely to excel and make better choices with their lives when they have felt the quiet power of the match experience. P/PV research showed that children matched one-to-one with and adult mentor were:
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 37% less likely to skip class
- More confident in their schoolwork performance
- Able to get along better with their families
BBBS of Fond du Lac County continues to prove year after year that the children served by the agency improve in self confidence, competence, and caring behaviors. It is possible to change the world, one child at a time.
We are proud to be a United Way Agency Partner.